Monday, June 1, 2009

Foodio54.com's Mike Van Heyde Hit's Alaska on US Tour

After arriving in Anchorage I made my way down to Alaska Salmon Chowder House downtown. I will make an omission here, I used to love that imitation crab stuff that you can get for $4 a bag at the grocery store, however sadly, after easting real Alaska King Crab legs I don’t think I’ll even be able to eat that imitation crab garbage ever again. It was absolutely delicious and fresh and the sauce they provided was excellent as well. The name of the place was Alaskan Salmon Chowder House, so I felt compelled to try that as well and it was just the perfect blend of Salmon and vegetables. Being from Ohio I don’t eat a lot of seafood that is just off the boat fresh (we’re cautioned not to eat too much fish from Lake Erie), and so this was a real treat.

Foodio54 Blog
Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 comments: